high resolution microscopy
We use high resolution confocal microscopy to visualize expression of proteins by immunofluorescence, and mRNA by RNAscope. We also utilize three dimensional light sheet fluorescence microscopy to visualize branching of nephron-like structures in kidney organoids differentiated from human pluripotent stem cells.
single cell omics
A majority of the lab applies single nucleus RNA-seq and snATAC-seq to mouse and human kidney and lung. We have generated over 3M single cell RNA-seq and ATAC-seq libraries, and perform 100% of the bioinformatic analyses within the lab. See recent papers here, here and here. Our single cell data visualization tool Kidney Integrative Transcriptomics (K.I.T.) has had > 15,000 unique users from 68 different countries since its inception.
Single cell Diabetes atlas
- A 1-million-cell atlas shows heterogeneity in kidney cell responses to DKD and treatments
- Mono- and combination therapies target different cells and induce non-overlapping changes
- Combination therapies are more effective in rescuing DKD-associated transcriptional change
- SGLT2i signature reveals a role for modulation of alternative splicing by this drug class
- See the 2022 Cell Metabolism paper HERE.
benjamin humphreys md, phd
Haojia wu, PhD
monica chang-panesso, MD
Parker Wilson MD, PhD
yoshiharu muto, md, Phd
Jeffrey Koenitzer MD, PhD
yasuhiro yoshinura md, phd
Watch the lab grow!
We are always seeking talented and motivated scientists who are interested in contributing to our team. Please contact us if you wish to learn more.